I keep coming back to this idea recently – create a boring product for a well-understood problem within a saturated market.
Something emotionally unimpressive but empirically profitable.
Some obvious benefits here:
• It’s a well-understood problem, so no need to guess if people will pay for it.
• It’s a saturated market, meaning there’s definitely demand for it.
• It’s boring, so unlikely that you’ll get competition from the smarter folks.
• Not so bleeding edge that nobody understands it, so less risk and marketing is easy.
• Sweaty entails even less people/competitors are inclined to do so.
• Not tech-savvy means I can get some advantage by bringing in some tech to automate the space
Right now, this, year, I just want to make good profit and a good living off of it. Create a comfortable life for my wife and kid, and my parents.
It’s boring yeah.
But nobody’s going to say that when you make $10k every month off it.
Going back to build mode in 2022!