Potential pivot points

Numbers on launch are null, which leads me to believe a change is needed. 1 - I look to pivot ProductFrame into a SaaS product akin to Miro, where users can DIY based on solid structure and guidance. 2 - I heavily reduce subscription prices to lure willing customers, despite that cut making the price equal to <10% actual value.

Currently in paralysis with this. What would gain paying customers if either….

James Kenny

I would be slightly cautious about pivoting after only a week since launch. I had a poke around your site and productframe, and I'm a little unclear on what you are offering and who your target market is.

I did notice that you have 7 years of design consultancy experience, but I found that out here on Makerlog, not on productframe. I understand you are trying to productise some services, but really you're trying to productise yourself and your skills, so that should be front and centre. So that's what I would consider doing before a pivot.

My suggestion is to rebuild that hero section so you and your experience and skills are. Something like "Hi, I'm Marty, I have years of experience doing this, this is what I can do for you. X Y Z"

I've been building products for over 20 years, I have no idea what "Gain product vision faster means" but I know what a designer with 7 years experience can bring to the table.

Do that as a story down the page, explain what you can do and have done in the past.

Maybe take the "Book a call" option away from pricing so it's a bit higher, and collect some email addresses.

I would try that before trying to turn it into a SaaS on pricing. Maybe it's too high, but you won't know until you start to get feedback from your target market, it is in the contractor range.

0 Likes
Marty Dunlop Author

Thanks for the input here, appreciate it. As well as checking out the site.

I know the wording won't really hit with those outwith the target market, which would be product manager, directors of product and product owners within a company working on a digital project. I'm targeting my target market with the wording, albeit I don't have feedback from them as you say. I'm retisent to make the product/service about 'me', as over the years I've attempted this several times and feel that focussing on the individual is a bad option, for what I'm doing here anyway. I've taken inspiration from the productised service that one person has offered and succeeded in doing this way (into the thousands within months), and they have never 'sold themself' on the forefront of the service. Their service itself stands on its own and the deliverables are what customers are keen to pay for, not the individual it seems. I've operated as a consultant and contractor for years now, where I've promoted 'me' as an individual, this was to be something different.

It's troubling to hear that anyone reading through the entire page isn't getting a chance to understand the deliverable of the service, regardless of being in the target market or not. That's not what I want to hear at all. I guess the only thing I can do there is consider re-writes of copy and promote feedback from the target market as much as possible to figure out if it's hitting with them or not.

True it's only been one week, but the analytics is giving numbers that would suggest at least one bite or one piece of feedback would have been achieved if the copy, premise and price was just right. I'm the type of maker that adapts quickly based on numbers, again I've had many a projects in the past that I've left to run for longer with similiar initial traction, just to die later.

You're in good company though, I've had simliar advice about highlighting myself on the site and making it the prominent feature.

1 Like
James Kenny

Fair enough, the only point I would make is there are a lot of people out there trying to create a "productised service" but not make it about them when they are what makes their productised service unique or valuable. You are the secret sauce. There is no shame in that. Be careful trying to copy other people because you're looking at what they are doing now and not what they did to get started.

0 Likes

Please sign in to leave a comment.