[March 2020] What are you building?

This is the monthly thread to share your progress and explain the projects you're building!

Share links, ideas, feedback. GO!

Veit Progl

LogBot for Makerlog, a nativ makerlog client for iOS. I hope to get it released next week

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

next week? finally :)

0 Likes
Veit Progl

@Sergio I hope next week, but it depends if apple likes the app

0 Likes
Jordan Bowman

👨‍💻 Papaya - Free HTML landing page templates, redesign launching today!

✉️ Query - Email newsletter with small interviews with indie makers. Still deciding if I want to start this up.

🖌 A webcomic

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

A webcomic?! that's a first. do share your progress :)

0 Likes

Coupon sharing app

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

tell us more!

0 Likes

@sergio I am having so many coupons from different services like amazon, amex and other places which I may not use and get expired, rather I would like to provide a marketplace to share coupons, or memberships(gym membership if someone wants to discontinue)

0 Likes

@chakrihacker what about competitors like offers.com/groupons and etc? What will be different?

0 Likes

@dzumax I am not scraping coupons, it's a community effort where anyone can share their personal coupons

0 Likes
Fajar Siddiq

I'm making makerlog meet up in India in real life 🇮🇳Makerlog India Meetup - https://getmakerlog.com/events/makerlog-india-meetup/

0 Likes
Bruce

Awesome!!!

0 Likes

Bangalore??

0 Likes
Sahil Singh

That could be great

0 Likes
Fajar Siddiq

@chakrihacker I'm in Gachibowli, Hyderabad now

0 Likes
Fajar Siddiq

@sahilsingh Yes meet me up, i will give you makerlog sticker

0 Likes
Sahil Singh

@fajarsiddiq Hey Thanks! but I'm based out of Bangalore, not sure if ill be traveling to HYD any time soon, will hit you up if I find myself there for sure

0 Likes
Fajar Siddiq

@sahilsingh Let's go!!!!!!

0 Likes
Khaja Naquiuddin

welcome to india!!!! im meeting you now!

0 Likes
Fajar Siddiq

@naquiuddin Makerlog meetup in india just ended, back to home now

0 Likes
Simon Raczka

You did it just in time because I read you are starting battle with coronavirus.🤷‍♂️

0 Likes
Nic Coates

Wave (gowave.at), a simple landing page for local businesses. Rather than spinning up a fully functioning website, Wave will allow businesses to set up their own page, receive messages from customers, show services and allow services to be ordered.

After buying my own house here in the UK (scary that I own something worth a hell of a lot of money 😱) and meeting lots of local businesses like window cleaners, decorators, electricians, they say websites are expensive and never do the simple.

Wave is all about “send a wave 👋” simply.

0 Likes
Bruce

That's a nice idea and a great name, there must be a huge market for that.

Here is an idea in which you might expand those landing pages: Offering restaurants to easily upload there menu into the web, it's really useful for potential customers searching for one.

PS: Your domain is not resolving, is that intended?

0 Likes
Nic Coates

@bcye Thanks Bruce! Great idea!! I've had similar suggestions from local businesses who sell fruit/veg and diary products so going to work on this.

Domain doesn't resolve yet, still WIP 😂

0 Likes
crsb

Congrats! What tools do you use for websites building?

0 Likes
Nic Coates

@crsb I mainly code in NodeJS (backend) and EJS for the frontend but do everything in VS Code. Use Github for code source and Linode + Cloudflare for servers/DNS.

0 Likes
MenjilX

OFFlancer for freelancers based in Philippines :)

0 Likes
Bruce

📧Hyper Chrome (or other name), a bi-weekly with awesome chrome extensions reviewed based on privacy (permissions) and utility (anybody got recommendations?)

📖3rd attempt at my idea for a Makerlog for reading community.

0 Likes
JDaniel Richer

Career Cards

Flashcards to help you crush it at your next job interview.

Progress thread

Also taking better name suggestions :)

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

Awesome!

0 Likes
Bruce

maybe try namewink.com, it gave me some great suggestions

0 Likes
Knight Tan

continue my #nocodeweekly and building my #api2widgets projects

0 Likes
Greg DiNardo

MarkUp.io - Turn your website into a dynamic canvas ready for feedback. It's free to use :)

https://www.markup.io/

Open to any and all feedback! Thanks.

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

That sounds awesome for debugging!

0 Likes
atticusthomson

Just had a play around with it, its awesome!! What language/platform did you use to code it?

0 Likes
Kai

I like the idea. Would be cool to try a random url without signup and then signup to share with my team etc. I think this could convert better. Some other basic shapes and markup like circles could be useful.

0 Likes
Chris Finn

@kaioelfke Definitely think this would be a great hook to convert users.

0 Likes
Nic N

This looks great for bug reporting/testing!

0 Likes
Micah Iverson

Working on a lot of things: https://www.krazier.com/ but focusing on rebuilding https://selldom.io from the ground up at the moment and also growing my house painting business.

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

I've watched your journey building Wild Fox and it is absolutely awesome.

0 Likes
Micah Iverson

@sergio Thanks, it's been an interesting and successful journey for sure. I'll be writing up a 2019 year end review and post it on here as others may find it interesting. Cheers!

0 Likes

CastSpot, a platform designed to help Podcasters crossfeature on each other's shows.

0 Likes

🗃️ CodeKeep - Google Keep but for code snippets.

Organize your Code Snippets by assigning 🔖labels or grouping into folders. Generate Code Screenshots, Share and Discover reusable snippets.

🚀 #codekeep ✅ Checkout: https://codekeep.io

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

What differentiates it from say a Gist?

0 Likes

@sergio With codekeep you can tag snippets by project name/ use case, also snippets can be organised into folders for easier access, which gists doesn't have. and with codekeep extension, you can import snippets from stackoverflow/medium etc.. There are other features like integration with vscode and one click code-screenshot generation.

Tagging Snippets [Codekeep]()

Organising Snippets in Folder [Codekeep]()

One click Screenshot Generation [Codekeep]()

VS Code Integration [Codekeep]()

0 Likes

@lori thanks Lori 🤩🤩, most of the ui inspiration came from Google keep and we added a dark mode on top. Would love to have you on codekeep 😊

0 Likes
Dan Rowden

I'm trying to write consistently on my new blogs teedrop.co and makeandgraft.com.

I'm also finishing off my first two Ghost themes which I hope will be on sale in March or April.

My third project is exploring and researching all the essential backend stuff for a clothing (t-shirts first) company for a potential launch later in the year.

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

Awesome, keep us posted!

0 Likes
Bruce

Ghost is an awesome platform!

0 Likes
Dan Rowden

@bcye Sure is!

0 Likes
Dan Rowden

[Update on my March post]

✔ Published 1 post to Make & Graft (and started ~10 drafts)
✔ Published 9 posts to Tee Drop
✔ Did some research for my t-shirt company but putting this project on hold for now.

ⓧ Did not finish my Ghost themes but one is almost ready! (already in use on Tee Drop)

0 Likes

Arcade Hub - My very first and simple project. I want to create an updatable collection of Apple Arcade games which allow you to choose the game by different filters and sort by the review scores. Apple interface is a bit messy in terms of choosing the right game. I'm planning to launch it this month.

In parallel, I write for my Telegram channel (almost reached 250 subscribers! 🎉) and trying to write more in my blog in English.

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

congrats on the subs!

0 Likes

Currently launching my first productized service. Unlimited Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat Filters for a flat month price. https://flamingofilter.co

The goal is to help agencies to create and integrate augmented reality filters inside their panel of digital marketing tools. We are like web integrator but for augmented reality into social medias.

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

That looks interesting. It's a marketing tool for AR filters?

0 Likes

@sergio Hey thanks ! We are a service, users can subscribe to our service and so they can ask us to create filters. They send us a brief and we integrate it into Instagram Snapchat or Facebook filter.

Our client can do unlimited request and revisions.

0 Likes
Sahil Singh

An app ( Sterio ) that enables easy song sharing for Apple Music and Spotify users for iOS and Android devices

Check it out below

0 Likes
Bruce

Those mockups really standout, great design!

0 Likes
Sahil Singh

@bcye Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Olga Kazmina

Hey!! I am building www.zelf.co with a wonderful team.

We are on the last mile before the launch and preparing for PH (in 2 weeks or so)! Really would like to hear your thoughts about the project.

0 Likes
Christian Petroske

Whoa, looks cool. What's the use case? Will this be like a Venmo or CashApp for Europe?

0 Likes

WinAlarm — Windows 💻 Laptop theft protection

0 Likes
Martin 🔥

I'm building a website analytics & uptime monitoring tool 📈

👷 Working on launching a beta version soon

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

Lots of thee popping up lately. What differentiates yours?

0 Likes
Martin 🔥

@sergio Well, I'm just solving my own problems. I didn't like the entry prices of other products and I needed some proper goal tracking ("where do people come from that convert on my site?").

0 Likes
pryds

🚚 Attlaz Route Planner Android and iOS app

🗺 Attlaz API for Directions and Route Optimization (TSP, VRP and CVRP)

And some side projects:

✏️ Keeper - Note taking app for Android

💬 typr. - Chat-like note taking app for Android

And i'm searching for another side project idea to keep my one app/month goal. There are many concepts I want to try both Android and iOS.

0 Likes
Gabe Ragland

I'm building Divjoy, a React codebase and UI generator. It gives you everything you need like authentication, database, analytics, serverless functions, and a fully functioning UI. It's helped over 8,000 people start their next React project.

Here's a 50% off deal for the Makerlog community: https://divjoy.com/?promo=makerlog

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

This should be higher up ^ Yay for deals!

0 Likes
Stefan W

top, congrats

0 Likes
atticusthomson

I'm building a website- StudentQ for students in education to post questions within subject areas for other students/teachers to answer. The idea came from feeling as though there's no one education-centred place for these kind of questions that arise from being stuck on homework/understanding a concept. It's currently centred on education in the UK but will be going international soon.

Still in quite an early stage at the moment, no active users, and open to ideas for future direction/features! Check it out if you want: StudentQ

Any feedback welcomed!

0 Likes
Petr

I am working on my upcoming book Efficient developer (https://efficientdeveloper.com/). It is a slow progress. I am also looking for some beta readers if anyone is interested https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a_tPmbiAvoHvR1rpHK2WuDgFwCfc2kYdyjCr8pj11AE/edit.

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

Shit you're writing a book. Similar to @levelsio's MAKEbook?

0 Likes
Petr

@sergio Well, MAKE is more about Indie hacking and business, mine is about software development in general. But since a lot of makers are programmers I hope it will be interesting for makers as well.

0 Likes

TurnShift, whole-company support scheduling application.

This tool allows companies to easily distribute daily support slots across all their employees. The idea comes from my own experience as a support leader at algolia.com where 50 engineers were on support every month.

To schedule 50 engineers, we built an internal tool that was a scheduling web application with a Slack bot attached. Before the start of the month, you would get a Slack notification reminding you to book a support slot for next month. Then you could easily book the days you want and see who else booked support. You would then get various notifications reminding you of the start of your slot.

Discussing with other companies, it seems many tech companies are building their own small tools or using calendars to solve this need. Automaticc (WordPress) went very far with it and created https://happy.tools/.

The underlying need is: how do you share a recurring task automatically in your company. If you're still manually asking in Slack: "Who's doing support today?" "Who's sending the newsletter today?" then you'll like this tool!

TurnShift is an Algolia internal tool, rebuilt as a SAAS app.

0 Likes
Amanda Farrell

I'm making Android apps with Kotlin. Right now I'm working on a postpartum tracking app for one of my friends that just had a baby.

0 Likes
Donald Coleman

Entrylevel.io - Job board for entry-level positions targeting students, recent grads, career changers, and individuals with less than 3 years of experience. We want to help people land their first job.

Recently launched our beta and hopefully, in 3 weeks, we launch MVP!! 🚀

0 Likes
Brendan Powers

I'm building QuickTake, a pre-screening app that can determine if a candidate is familiar with one of the major programming languages in under 10 minutes. It's tough to get a feel for someone with just a resume and a quick phone call. QuickTake is designed to help you get a better feel for a candidate before proceeding with an interview.

0 Likes

Would love to try QuickTake myself !

0 Likes
Brendan Powers

@vincent I just finished my first quiz for Python, and have been testing it with people I know. I'd be happy to send you a link. Do you allow DMs on twitter?

0 Likes
Stefan W

Started recently with omnited.com (don't roast the "lp" yet :-) )

Problem to be solved by omnited… Imagine you work as Sales Guy or Help Desk Agent or even as a private person. On how much "channels" you get into conversations? Let's say…. Telegram, Twitter DM, Whatsapp, SMS, Phone Calls, Email…Webchat… etc.

Solution: Omnited handles a conversation with the same contact over different channels, so you must not search and switch over x channels to find out, where you talked with that person. Plus some other stuff… later on ;-)

0 Likes

I am working on launching skill building groups as a side project — chats in Slack where people from tech space can work together and support each other in building the same habit or skill. I am trying to collect the first 100 leads in the waitlist now and launch chats in two weeks or so.

If you are interested, fill in this 3 min form, pick habits from the list and I will invite you to the group for the habit, that you are interested in: https://evgenynikiforov0.typeform.com/to/v2TzIs.

0 Likes

Web app for small companies where they can care about their branding and promotional communication.

0 Likes
kevinschenkers

Filepurch.com a service for selling digital products to your own client(s) / audience. Currently building v2 using the feedback of our current customers.

Also learning vue.js …slowly progressing.

0 Likes
howbadeh

Sideway — A community for designers to showcase published/live work with a link. Bolt — Invoice + Proposal Management for Freelancers and Agencies. FigmaFreebies — A collection of design resources for Figma. I haven't updated this in ages :/

0 Likes

✉️ I'm build a Newseltter for Devlopers, Indie Hackers and Makers! 👨‍💻 Redesigning My Website 👋 Work on My New Project, Simplifed Media!

Simplifed media is a A group that I will be Creating a Few Projects, Simplifed things and A better way of Media, and etc.

0 Likes
Presh Onyee

I'm working on a redesign for darkmodedesign.xyz. I'm also working on writing a blog series on Progressive Web Apps.

0 Likes
Kai

https://MeetFriends.app an iOS app to easily create reminders for staying in touch with friends and your professional network. It makes mindful social relationships easier.

Goals:

• Improve the product by adding some requested features
  • Fix all bugs in the backlog
  • Change the landing page to address some issues with people misunderstanding it as another social network
  • learn more about growth
  • figure out where I can find the two personas (people who care about mindfulness, people who are actively pursuing a professional network)

Will see how much I can get done while doing a vacation with my mother during a pandemic. 🤔

0 Likes
st0m4

An easy way for anyone to sell digital products online, I haven't come up with a name yet but I'm considering calling it Banouin.

hoping to have an MVP ready or close enough by the end of the month.

0 Likes

Great idea I like it ! Share with us a MVP when it's done

0 Likes
st0m4

@vincent I certainly will!

0 Likes

Building a code hosting with focus on privacy. It will encrypt every comment and never track you.

Check the coming soon page at www.microgit.com

0 Likes

Figma #Flipbook plugin - allows you to animate your figma design and export to gif. Submitted the plugin to figma hopefully released next week

0 Likes
0 Likes
Gleb Kotov

Finally building the iCloud Sync for Timemator 🔄🤞

0 Likes
Temirlan Nugmanov

Curating and writing content for a newsletter focused on no/low code for improving and automating operations. Called it Automagic and kinda loving that :) Doing this at the same time as consulting and working on a website built on Notion entirely!

0 Likes

MailScout - Email marketing solution for closer who don't take no for an answer :) #mailscout

0 Likes
Steven Verbeek

billinghappy an embeddable billing portal with support for 3 payment providers (Stripe, Mollie, Braintree), variable tax rates (VAT, etc), SCA and a wide variety of other benefits.

0 Likes
Jonas Schmahl

https://partywfriends.com/ – I'm working on a local, collaborative music queue, to make music sharing with friends easier. :)

0 Likes
akdarrah

I'm late to the party here, but I'm building a super niche product called Dropkiq. It's code-completion for endusers when they write dynamic code for emails, templates, etc.

0 Likes
Pitch Camp

Building a Campground Management Software to manage their online and local reservations. The app was built ten years ago and now I'm just turning it into a web service.

0 Likes
Erik CR

Setlog: Makerlog for film/video creators made with glideapps.com

0 Likes
Yuya Uzu

Goal & Habit tracking app.

https://goalmap.life

It took me about 60 hours to build and just released as a beta version a few days ago . Right now, continuously improving based on user feedbacks.

0 Likes

This looks great! I am thinking about making something similar. The closest to what I was imagining was the Remente app. I love the clean UI, and the prompt to add a photo to the goal. How are you getting user feedback, by the way? I don't see an obvious way to do it. Other than Makerlog :)

0 Likes
cosminp
  1. Invoicing app - Got any features that you miss in your current invoicing app?
  2. On-Demand App Solution - Restaurant / Laundry / Grocery / Pharmacy / CBD On-Demand Ordering Solution
0 Likes
Benny Makes

BookDownUnder - A Channel for booking accomodation within Australia. Aimed at being a price fair, feature driven and regularly added to tool for accomodation providers (Hoteliers).

As part of that we also have a product called BellHop which is a piece of the solution puzzle.

There are a handful of tools within this scope. In priority order.

• A Hotelier facing product site (BellHop)
  • An API (BellHop)
  • A Hotelier facing portal (BellHop)
  • A public facing booking site (BookDownUnder)

Planning to start connecting with hotelier clients again early April.

0 Likes
Nic N

Working on a college readiness web app for high school students as a new product for Plexuss.com

0 Likes
David M

Working on my startup's Chrome extension: SiteLauncher - a "launcher" bookmark tool for faster navigation - 5000+ users so far and 164 reviews and a 4 star rating on the Chrome store. Version 6 was released a few weeks ago and me and my friends are already working on version 7. we are looking for other startups intersted in cross promotion hook me up on twitter or on here if you like our chrome extension; website of extension: donesmart.com

DoneSmart - SiteLauncher Chrome extension

0 Likes
makershoeb

Social network to crowdsource teaching. I believe everyone can teach something in 5 minutes or less. Collectively we can build enough material to make any sort of education free.

Any sort of feedback is appreciated. :)

Thank you

0 Likes
AJ Picard

Working on finishing up an update for the hyper-local social network I've been working on, Clava. We provide users with location-based chatrooms that are pinned on our map, which allows you to connect with others in that specific location. Users will also collect "real-time" promotions from local businesses in their surrounding area these promotions can be discounts, happy hours and more.

I'm currently looking for users to test this product out, you can sign up on our website: www.Clava.xyz!

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

This is a test!

0 Likes
youngandambitious

Hey, guys! My name is Ksenia, I'm 20 years old. I always was really ambitious person and wanted to make something great by myself.

Now I'm working on two projects and one of them is really close to release. It calls VSpace and this is a bookmark manager where you can group your links, share them. You can check our promo website here: https://www.producthunt.com/upcoming/vspace. Also, you can check IH profile here: https://www.indiehackers.com/product/vspace.

Will be happy to hear any feedback. Thank you for attention and have a great day/night!

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

Hi there! Welcome - love your username btw.

0 Likes
youngandambitious

@sergio thank you ☺️♥️

0 Likes
Flavia Bernárdez

I'm creating the new design and design system of #bolsalea web. A online shop to create eco-friendly bags for business. it'll be released soon on bolsalea.com 😊

0 Likes
Adam Liu

Hey guys,

I'm Adam, and I'm building 🌎 Remote Together at the moment, a community for people who live & work remotely to support each other.

I shared my story and motivation behind why I built it, you can find them and more about Remote Together here:

👉 https://remotetogether.life/

Any opinions, advices or criticism is very welcomed! You can find out how to reach me on the site!

And make sure to sign up for early access! 😉

0 Likes

I'm doing my best to open Focus Nation in beta before march 22nd.

It's a virtual coworking space with always-open rooms where you share your webcam or your screen, with/without sound with people you know or don't. You enter the room, say hi, tell what you want to work on "today i'd like to finish my landing page and I give myself 1h". When you leave : "I was able to complete my task, have a great day".

On-demand productivity is the idea (you have a "focus playlist" and a pomodoro timer ready to use).

Slack/discord didn't work for me because people used it as a way to connect, chat, etc… which is not what I needed. I wanted to feel like in a coffee shop surrounded by people with goals. I needed to be productive wherever I am (I lived in Japan a few years and want to travel more and more with my 4yo), without the loneliness. I'm not a coder, I had to learn on the way. I wanted to explore Makerlog's API to send those tasks to Makerlog but that'll be for later!

This is the first time I leave a message here. Happy I found this community, thanks for building it @Sergio!

0 Likes

A lot of time was saved because of no commute this week. So I built a India Covid19 tracker using official data from ministry of health and family welfare. https://coronavirustrack.now.sh/India

0 Likes
Joost Plattel

I'm building Organization.supply an app oriented for syncing online (ecommerce) & offline (physical store) inventory management. Currently running it on alpha… Inventory management is working, but now looking into integrations with WooCommerce, Shopify and others!

0 Likes
jpfong

Docbrew, https://docbrew.com

An invoicing solution. You can just print PDF right now, but I plan to add direct emailing of the PDF invoice. Working on that next! 🤓

0 Likes
kyw

Planting seeds for organic growth for sametable.app - simple task management tool with <table />.

0 Likes
Sumit Datta

Dwata - a data browser/dashboard (Open Source) for SQL (CSV in future) - visual, without SQL knowledge

I was mentally out for many months. After traveling for 5 months, I started working again.

0 Likes
Irma Mesa

Building Cafecito (meetcafecito.com), a community platform that matches remote workers based on relevant interests and sets them up to meet for a virtual coffee or lunch break throughout their workday.

0 Likes

anonymous job search 👨‍💻

0 Likes

Calendar to manage your bookings easily!

0 Likes
Kaito Cunningham

I'm building Spred! Basically a niche saas platform to help clothing resellers upload, manage, analyze and sell their items to all online marketplaces. https://usespred.com/requestaccess/

0 Likes
joquerol

💼 Uprise.Studio—redesigning my design studio website, offering monthly plans among other changes.

👜 TheSupply.Studio—getting ready to launch a library of free design resources for the luxury and lifestyle industries.

📃 Uprise+Supply newsletter—Currently working on our newsletter talking about brand strategy, ideas on how to launch and grow a business, and showcasing our free design resources.

🎨 I'm also helping my wife launch Bebet.Art, her own website where she'll display her watercolor and digital paintings as well as sell prints and other products with her art.

0 Likes

Finishing the last parts of metrical.xyz, a new privacy-focused web analytics tool, and planning on a soft launch one of these days.

Ps: Metrical is in Beta and free to test and to use! If you are interested you can ask for an invite 🚀

0 Likes
Kieran Glover

I'm currently working on an idea my wife had to log and track the ways we're reducing our waste and our impact on the environment called UnWaste

The MVP will just be a simple web/hybrid app in which users can sign up and log a few basic reusable items such as bags, lunchboxes and cups.

0 Likes
saivas

Probstack - Find problems that are worth solving!

https://www.probstack.io

A place where anyone can raise, discuss and get problems solved that are worth it organically!

0 Likes

I'm building my writing skills at https://binyamin.substack.com. Just published a new article on coding. Would love a bit of feedback on said article.

0 Likes

Please sign in to leave a comment.