What are you building? [December 2020]

Hi folks!

Share below what you're building this December. The year is closing!

👇

Raz

Hey Hey

I'm working on Chartbrew, a platform where you can connect your databases and services to visualize your data. All in one place, no need to access all these data sources individually.

I launched v1 at the end of November on ProductHunt and I got some good feedback and feature requests that I can digest and see how I can shift around the roadmap.

In December I want to dedicate the whole month to create specific use-cases and show real examples of how the platform can be used (e.g. demos). I feel that I really need to work on the communication and to emphasize different uses that people can vibe with.

I just migrated my landing page to NextJS which is server-side rendered so it can help with the SEO when I create the use-cases content.

Let's get the month started and good luck everyone!

0 Likes
Ryan Glass

I'm cracking on with twitMate this month - hoping to get an MVP live. I keep getting side tracked with client work but little steps.

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

@ryan_glass This looks interesting! Is it a human writing all the tweets?

0 Likes
Ryan Glass

@sergio Yes - I write all the tweets myself. For each landing page I write multiple versions of the words for the Tweet, choose multiple hashtags and multiple images. That way I only have to write things once to get 625 different tweets for 5 landing pages. It takes a few hours to set up and then I can set it rolling.

0 Likes
Teodora Dobre 🧠

I'm building ThreadOk to help people find cool Twitter threads because they had become the perfect way to tell a story and learn from. So basically ThreadOk is a platform where people can submit and upvote new Twitter threads.

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

@teodora_dobre That's pretty cool. How do you differentiate from other platforms like Threader? (Welcome to Makerlog, btw!)

0 Likes
Teodora Dobre 🧠

@sergio Thanks, haha I really want to be more active here! :)

Of course there're competitors, that's means the market is some kind of validated so it's nice, but most of this platforms are more focused on unroll threads and give you a sense of only robots behind the product (obviously, they have their creators). But they don't have upvotes, no tags, no top threads by popularity, thinhs that ThreadOk have.

So ThreadOk is in continuous building and there're will be added more features. Love the feedback we're receiving :)

0 Likes
Josef Strzibny

@teodora_dobre Wanted to check it out, but I got 404?

0 Likes
Teodora Dobre 🧠

@strzibnyj Hey, sorry for that. The last weeks we were working to improve the site.

Now should work, check it here: https://threadok.com/

0 Likes
Roel

I took a week off from work to finalize an update to Hippo, an app to make notes to help you remember stuff about your close contacts. I'm working towards a Mac launch. First step is adding lots of small UI tweaks and multi-tasking features which also work nicely on iPad.

Last year I had lots of time to work on Hippo but this year I started a 4-day a week job and I find it's hard to keep the pace up when you have only 1 or 2 days a week to work on something. I hope this week will help me finalize this update!

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

@roel Welcome back to Makerlog! I wish you the best with Hippo.

0 Likes
Roel

@Sergio thanks! I really like the new Makerlog!

0 Likes
Leo M. 🚀

Working hard on venn, a twitter analytics tool for Gumroad so creators will be able to understand better how their tweets impact their sales.

It's only few days in the making, but many of the essential stuff are looking good. The plan is to finish the tech issues in about 2 weeks and then figure out marketing and growth.

0 Likes
Heman

I'm building an Employee Orientation web app. From personal experience, the new hire process has been unorganized and inefficient. I'm hoping my app will help companies with that.

0 Likes

For this month, I am not sure what to build but i will surely ship something because I want to practise my ReactJS knowledge.

Other than that, I already have a couple of projects like Designtack, Learningintech & Psych to manage.

0 Likes
Jamie Murphy

I'm building Polkadot Tiger, an SEO AB Testing tool for metadata.

It has been a long journey so far with the project starting around 18 months ago. I've juggled clients, my own abilities, ego and commitment along the way but I'm extremely delighted to be able to say it now exists.

We launched to beta users about 2 weeks ago and our initial feedback is extremely positive and I can't wait for our pending full launch in the near future.

0 Likes
Jason T

Hello all! I've recently released NotifyXF to the wild!

It is a simple service that allows you to send notifications to yourself on Telegram.

It started off as a simple site monitoring tool for myself. But later realized I could use it for more than just monitoring site uptime.

1. New Sign Ups
  2. New Purchases
  3. Problem reported by users etc…

That's where I've decided to develop an app. Hopefully someone else will find it as useful as I did! This month I'll be concentrating on identifying various use cases and try to talk to as many users as I can. I'm taking the slow approach and have only launched to betalist thus far.

Looking forward to see how much I can achieve for this month! Have fun everyone!

0 Likes

I'm building a service to convert webhooks into easy-to-consume notifications through Discord, Slack and Telegram called MRVN 😁

It started as a tool to send me Discord Embeds when Netlify successfully deployed a website (or failed 😅) and now I'm building it out so others can use it

0 Likes
xavier

I still spend a lot of time building/improving spreadtheworld. I just add a submission service and I'm working on updating the list with new resources.

I'm also building a Product Hunt for ideas → IdeaHunt It's still in beta but I'm curious to have your feedback about it!

0 Likes

Last month I said I would work on the backend service for Trivl which kind of happened but not as much as I had planned. When working on the backend was unable to shake the feeling that I could do better for the design so instead focused on getting it right. After all that is the part you will see so it's important I get it right.

I just posted an update here: https://getmakerlog.com/tasks/321812 which has a link to the Figma design (brave I know 😅). You are all more than welcome to check it out and let me know your thoughts.

Maybe this month I will do what I originally had planned 🤞.

0 Likes
Rich Perez

I'm currently working on a rebuild of The Daily Smark iPhone app. This started because I wanted to work on some updates and realized it was probably going to take me just as much time in the old version than if I re-build in SwiftUI. So far it's been going quick and I'm adding in the new features while re-building the old features. Love it so far!

0 Likes

Bringing soundescape.io in its final shape and probably launch on PH! For photogram.pro, I need to fix an urgent microcontroller-related issue which I fear will be very time-consuming. Once that issue is fixed, an exciting new feature can be launched: Automatically scaled and geo-referenced pointclouds.

0 Likes
Yasin Kavakli

Today, I've started a new project: blogblog.io

It will generate statically generated blog for you (powered by NextJS) where you CMS is Notion. So, you write inside Notion and it automatically generates static pages on your blog.

0 Likes

@yasin This sounds like a cool project, I love Notion and write a lot of my content in a Notion table.

0 Likes
Yasin Kavakli

@Dmdboi thank you. Yeah, it was a big painpoint for me to have a blog with an easy to use CMS where I can write also on the go on my phone. Notion is perfect for that.

0 Likes
Nate Watkin

A project management platform for video production teams - www.assemble.tv/project-management

0 Likes
Surjith S M ✪

I'm building Web3Forms.

Create contact forms without backend server. Useful for Static / JamStack Websites

0 Likes
Motyar

I am working on Bruzu.com

It's simple text to image service, you can use with other nocode and automation tools.

0 Likes
Josef Strzibny

I am working on container chapters for Deployment from Scratch. I will probably keep classic Docker for builds, but replace Docker engine with Podman for the run part (it can run the cointainer without root + on top I build containers that don't run root themselves either).

0 Likes

I'm building NotionMailer

A tool to write newsletter/campaigns/emails in Notion.

(Integrates with Mailchimp & MailerLite)

0 Likes

I'm working on ku-di as an alternative to buymeacoffee/patreon/ko-fi for Africans but starting with Ghana first. I've been working on it since june 2020 so 6 months now. The core features are there so i'm ready to launch, hopefully before end of the year. The design might be rough. It's my first time, i have no prior knowledge on frontend development.

0 Likes
UnarmedScott

I am building an application to help with twitter marketing. Currently it helps you find twitter hashtags and also track other twitter users, including your competitors. Check it out at https://teramine.com

0 Likes
Helen

This month I put all my energy into rewriting Jovial marketing websites to be more consistent and supportive to the customers and my business model.

Jovial screen then matches US remote developers & clients on personality, work-styles, & goals.

0 Likes
Rong Liew

Hey Sergio!

We recently launched our platform publicly! This may be backdated since we're in 2021 but thought i'd share.

We're working on Showwcase, a network for coders to connect, share knowledge, and find new opportunities. It's a more optimised network relative to horizontal platforms like LinkedIn. If there are any coders, engineers, devs here, would love to get your feedback at https://www.showwcase.com

0 Likes
Aishwary Dhare

We managed to build a releasable MVP for zuqa.io (website is in development). It is a no-code end-to-end API Testing Toolkit. Currently distributed internally within my network and with friends for testing.

zuQA will cover all API testing needs, from basic functional and assertion testing, scenario or flow testing and load testing. Plus, also provide performance analysis of APIs same as an APM like NewRelic would.

We carefully thought of keeping everything no-code and simple for anyone to use it freely and develop habit to test their APIs using zuQA and make them better!

0 Likes

Please sign in to leave a comment.