[April 2020] What are you building?

This is the monthly thread to share your progress and explain the projects you're building!

Share links, ideas, feedback. GO!

I'm building my writing skills at https://binyamin.substack.com. Just published a new article on coding. By the way, I would love a bit of feedback on said article.

Edit: I'm also working on a way to create and share reading lists. It's called Readr.

0 Likes
Petr

I think it is a good idea to write about lesser-known topics! Always good to revise the basics :)

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

I like the post content! I would add an example snippet that you can embed on the site.

0 Likes
Johnny Magrippis

Cool subject!

Since you’re asking for feedback… I do think the post reads a bit like Chinese whispers. Like, you’re conveying some interesting information, but I am not getting the feeling it’s your own insights and first-hand experience.

Again, I’m not saying this is the case, but it is the feeling I got. I also don’t know how you want to develop your writing, I personally value “first-hand accounts from experience” more, so I always appreciate that being evident in things I read.

0 Likes

I'm building a no-code tool for designing and shipping progressive web apps. It's called Centige and I'm looking for your feedback about centige.com 🙏

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

Clicking on “Features” didn’t work for me - I would get that working ASAP.

0 Likes
Jordan Bowman

Continuing with Query

Starting to work on a design course.

Illustrating some "cut paper" phone wallpapers.

Writing/illustrating a comic.

0 Likes

I really like your landing page and the idea is very cool: it is always good to hear about other entrepreneurs for inspiration. Will definitely subscribe !

0 Likes

I am building Up&Fast

It is an uptime & performance monitoring app with a focus on giving you detailed information about how speedy your websites are. It checks your sites recurringly and measures response times, load times & performs lighthouse checks. So you immediately know when your sites are down or if their performance drops. It also includes status pages & customizable notifications.

It's aimed to be easy to setup and customizable for your needs with a beautiful UI.

I wrote a blog post about the motivation for Up&Fast if you are interested. Right now I'm still in heavy development, but I want to start a closed beta soon.

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts or feedback 😊

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

Love the blog post. I think there’s tons of opportunity in this space still - SaaS with similar functionality is still charging A LOT.

https://treo.sh/pricing

0 Likes

@dbredvick thanks for the kind words! 🙌 Yes, I've stumbled upon them while looking up some implementation details. It's certainly an interesting space to be in!

0 Likes
Slava K

Awesome blog post! I liked illustrations a lot 😃 Subscribed and will wait for the launch

0 Likes

@slava 🙌 thank you, really means a lot to me!

0 Likes
Nikhil Agrawal 🐎

I'm working on UltimatePOS: Complete ERP, POS & Stock management solution.

My finest project so far, building lots of new modules that can be integrated into it.

Actively looking for new ideas & projects

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

Wow you have some great reviews and happy users. Congrats!

0 Likes
Volkan Kaya

Launching our analytics feature for https://versoly.com/ on Product Hunt. It is basically a SaaS by itself and has took a while to build. But is great, I save a ton of time and get a clear picture compared to Google Analytics.

It collects 25-40% more data than Google Analytics with 0 work due to use handling hosting and analytics.

It also allows 1 click conversion tracking, so you can see what websites convert the best and where to focus your time.

I might also stream a new engineering as marketing product.

Also about to start an affiliate program for Versoly and looking for affiliates for it, so if you run or know anyone who runs sites for makers and SaaS founders/marketers would love to connect with them.

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

When you say “more data” is that because it isn’t blocked by ad blockers?

0 Likes
Volkan Kaya

@dbredvick Exactly!

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

@volkandkaya Story you might find interesting - ran a test at work today. 30% of our traffic was using an adblocker.

0 Likes
Volkan Kaya

@dbredvick Yep. We saw 25%-40%. I found someone with 60%+.

Imagine a everyone from one traffic source uses adblock and you think it is useless because it drives 0 traffic.

0 Likes
Utkarsh Bhimte

@volkandkaya is this a self-hosted solution? what if when your CDNs get blacklisted as well?

0 Likes
Volkan Kaya

@bhimtebhaisaab adblock don't block the same domain, we handle our customers sites so we can do the proxy on our end with 0 extra work required.

0 Likes
Utkarsh Bhimte

@volkandkaya Oh yeah, that works. I misunderstood.

0 Likes

I'm planning to soft launch metrical here on makerlog next week for the first open beta; now the app is solid and we are ready to accept new users!

It will be an interesting month! ✨

0 Likes

Continue with theLifeBoard We almost have a very basic usable version now so we'll have to focus on improving the copy/landing and market it. I also have to put a few more hours on my website to fix a few minor bugs and improve performance.

0 Likes

I work to improve Role Up.

This month should be the month of the first communities 💪

0 Likes
Slava K

@gsempe looks like website is down?

0 Likes
Andrew C

I'm building an automatic time tracking tool that helps you become more productive. Feedback and thoughts would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
Veit Progl

Still working on LogBot, I hate memory leaks 😅. And working on WhatsLeft! so we all can know what is left at the Shop Next door without leaving your home. #stayAtHome

0 Likes
Marco Melilli

I'm building a chrome extension to help to organize all projects and related products: so you can manage all the stuff you use in a single place.

I thought of an extension because in this way you can use it when you are browsing… you can open tab quickly, trigger actions and have a mini dashboard for every project.

In this way you can stop to open a thousand tabs to check hosting, email, social, etc.. I hope to have an mvp for the end of the month: productsbox.dev

0 Likes

I'm Curently Building Simplifed, A Startup That Is creating Changes In Media and Real world prombelms.

Curently For my Staup, I'm building SimleFeed, News App And Community to Battle and Block Fake News, Bias, and Chains.

I'm also Working on Building A Blog, A News Letter and a Podcast for my Startup

0 Likes
Nic Coates

I'm busy building Onbolt, simple incident response for makers and developers. I'm a huge fan of PagerDuty and OpsGenie, they are great tools but they are focused on teams and can become quite expensive. Onbolt is aimed at makers like you and me to help keep your product up and available.

Some of the features include:

1. Integrates with the tools you know and love such as Datadog, New Relic, Kingdom, Statuscake etc.
  2. Non-intrusive voice alerts for critical incident with a message lasting less than 20 seconds.
  3. Uses a credit system ("bolts") to buy bolts on the go (one voice alert = 1 bolt) or subscribe monthly for fixed credits
  4. Organized in a Kanban board using a fluid 3-column workflow (New, Investigating and Resolved)

You can follow along the process on Makerlog - I'm looking for makers who would like to get early access to try this (you can start with 5 free credits).

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

Love the idea. Pager duty for makers is probably a good enough tag line to sell itself.

Side note: HTTPS that site 🙂

0 Likes
Slava K

@gadgick something is wrong with your certificate

0 Likes
Sumit Datta

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing well. In April I am:

• Continuing to develop Dwata - Browser & dashboard for RDBMS without SQL know-how #dwata
  • Starting work on a no-code platform for businesses (workflow/forms) nocodo (nothing there yet)
0 Likes
Dan Rowden

• I'm trying to write more on my "online working" blog makeandgraft.com

• I've figured out a way to offer "native" comments for Ghost blogs based on their new(ish) Member feature (uses the built-in member feature for comment auth). I'll be rushing this product out, hopefully launching in April.

• I've almost finished my first paid Ghost theme. It's called "Parker" and is already live on my blog teedrop.co. Hoping to also launch that publicly in April, then get onto the next one. rdnthemes.com

0 Likes
Dan Rowden

Update:

• Didn't write much. Will try harder in May!
  • I built and launched the comments tool for Ghost. It's at cove.chat
  • I released Parker at rdnthemes.com
0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

@danrdn Congrats on the release of Parker.

And definitely try to write more! Documenting is so important.

0 Likes
Petr

I am playing around the idea of text analysis for writing better texts called Textwok.

0 Likes

Similar to Grammarly?

0 Likes
Petr

@b3u Well I am not sure what it will be :)

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

I'm building a virtual drinking game for people to play now that we're all social distancing.

https://quarantinecup.live/ image for quarantinecup

Launching next Friday. If you signup for the waitlist before you might make it into the free beta :) Inspired by how Jackbox Games works a bit.

0 Likes
Drew Bredvick

Anyone know how to make these images smaller in markdown??

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

@dbredvick There's no way to do so, although I should probably limit the image size substantially..

0 Likes

I'm building a simple podcast host, caproni.fm. If you are looking to start a podcast, you might be interested as I will be helping the first users every step of the way with creating their podcasts. The MVP will be out before the end of this month. You can track progress here.

0 Likes

I'm building a tool where a whole slew of data from UN, World Bank, World Health Organisation and all kinds of other places are made accessible and easy to read and understand for all. Also will help put the COVID-19 epidemic into perspective!

0 Likes
Donald Coleman

Building https://entrylevel.io, a job aggregator for entry-level positions. Trying to rank better on SEO, add categories, filtering, and new design to the landing page.

0 Likes
João Gonzalez

My team and I are launching a new marketplace of cloud functions. Btw, we are going to launch on PH. Feedback on the preview page is appreciated.

Servernope: https://previewhunt.com/posts/servernope

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
João Gonzalez

We launched in PH today! https://producthunt.com/posts/servenope

0 Likes
David Shawe

I'm building yeooo.delivery

0 Likes
Anwar Hussain

My friend and I are building a no-code tool for one page website design and hosting. It's called Dorik. It'll help people to build their website within just a few clicks. We have published the homepage to collect some beta testers, I would love to hear your feedback and cheers!

0 Likes
Slava K

very beautiful design! 😍 I like it

0 Likes
Anwar Hussain

@slava Thanks for loving it 🥂

0 Likes
John Moon

I'm building, For A Piece, remote programming jobs with equity as part of the compensation. I'm working towards a very filterable and curated list of jobs from around the web. I want it to be the indeed for remote programming

0 Likes
John Moon

I just launched to PH. If you're interested in a promo code check out https://www.producthunt.com/posts/for-a-piece

0 Likes
Qasim Ali

zakatlists.com > a digital place of honest, truthful and lovely people. Just like makerlog.

0 Likes

Got into a few bumps in the last month due to the pandemic but finally uploaded the re-designed landing page today :D

Link: https://particle.systems

0 Likes

@kevcodez Thanks :D

0 Likes
mizan

We are building https://dorik.io - Website builder for building & hosting beautiful single-page websites.

We have designed our beta homepage to get early beta testers. We started it as a side project because we were passionate about building something like this for years. I hope our homepage will explain what it is and how it works (If not, Please share your feedback on how we can improve it). :-)

The homepage is built with our builder without writing any code.

Any feedback will be really helpful. :-)

Thanks.

0 Likes
yoofi

I AM working on https://remorica2.bubbleapps.io/version-test MVP ;a job board community with a focus on the best remote workers from LATAM,ASIA and Africa for more advanced remote ecosytems in Silicon valley and Europe. feed back n brand positioning,uI/UX and everything very much welcomed. built with #nocode ;)

0 Likes
Sahil Singh

Hey Guys, Ive been working on an app on React Native. This app allows Spotify and Apple Music Users to send music to each other. In simple words its a Chat Application(Whatsapp) for music. Would love to get your feedback on the same. The app is up on the stores, Its called Sterio - Share Music. Thanks a lot for your time. Cheers

Play Store

App Store

0 Likes
Sahil Singh

@kevcodez Hey not yet, We are trying to add more functionality to the app and make it available for a wider audience. But it is not off the table for sure

0 Likes
Okii Eli

Hi, I am building https://passportlist.co, What are you building while on quarantine? Would be great if you share your product experiences

0 Likes

Building my personal website Ely Fornoville to keep track of my progress and also building Diabetic & Me, a place to read stories behind the lives of diabetics and find diabetic friendly places.

0 Likes

I am trying to build an on-device android debugger. Still not finalized on name, but the main aim to bring stetho like capabilities to android phone.

0 Likes
vinayak_nair

A platform to simplify job referrals

0 Likes
Slava K

Continuing to work on https://form2chat.io - form backend that allows to instantly get notified of form submissions to the messenger of your choice: Telegram, Viber, Messenger, Slack.

Also, started on the next project recently http://asyncbot.com - standup bot for Twist App

0 Likes
Jason Leow

April is a month of COVID-related social good products for me. Made mostly with #nocode for speed and ease of use (for other volunteers).

Tools For COVID19 - a listing of resources and tools to help small-medium businesses affected by covid

Dabao Dash - a local self help community board to match small F&Bs (affected by stopping of dine-in) with delivery riders

Majulah Belanja - an offers and requests board for donations-in-kind for migrant workers in Singapore

Sweet Jam Sites COVID19 - I build a not-for-profit, COVID-related website for you for FREE.

0 Likes
Bilal Budhani

I'm working on building https://markr.app - a browser extension which allows highlighting and capturing content on the web as a real marker would do.

This is born out of trying to solve my personal problem of collecting important pointers from the blogs and needing a use for referring just those pointers instead of entire blog post.

0 Likes
Irfan Gumelar

I'm building a simple and cheap service to allow static site's form to send their submissions to email. You can check it here https://formcubes.com.

It's a pretty saturated market, but none of them provide a friendly price plan for personal/hobbyists so I'm going for it.

0 Likes

I am building Sookind, an app that helps you track the kind actions you do. You can find some screenshots here. Let me know what you think :)

0 Likes
Benny Chan

I am building AffTable. You can find the best affiliate programs provided by SaaS companies.

AffTable can help bloggers, influencers, podcasters or other content creators to monetize their traffics. I'm currently collecting some case studies about how to monetize with affiliate marketing. If you wrote about your experience, please send me your post. I will include on AffTable. Thanks!

0 Likes
Kieran Glover

👋Hey all, hope you're safe and well!

This month I started a little project called #BeatWeek I'm hoping to improve my music production and fear of releasing creative work by releasing a new track / idea every week.

Currently just uploading on Soundcloud and adding a bit more detail on my Buy Me A Coffee page.

Will be making a digital home for all the beats in the form of a little website/blog in the next week or so ✌️

0 Likes
st3v3n

I'm working on a webapp to help artists organize, share, and sell their art. Hoping to eventually turn it into a way for artists to search for and connect with local places to display and sell, from coffee shops to small galleries. Also hoping to provide features for creating events and answering "calls for entry".

For now though, it will just be a tool for organizing and sharing. The landing page is very rough at the moment, and I might completely rip out the auth and replace it with another solution… but you can check it out here.

https://www.artspot.io/

0 Likes

I'm building a 🎨 creative studio. Join me for a creative work session: https://studio.envisionwithjustin.com/studio-hours-for-creative-pros

0 Likes
Nic 3things

Working on https://relaymail.app - the idea is to keep your real email address private from the world, using aliases.

Currently building this product for myself, so it's being built/designed exactly the way I'd like these types of services to work.

0 Likes
Art 15156

I'm building a platform for individuals and communities to request resources, or to fulfill requests of those in need during the COVID-19 epidemic in my country (Indonesia).

0 Likes
Johnny Magrippis

I'll keep building up my own brand!

I've been building Coding Challenges for colleagues for ages, and I just created the very first "publicly available" one, under the umbrella of my site & newsletter:

Learn how to use cycling elements, by creating a game!

I'll be streaming my own solution with React and hooks, and giving feedback to people that ask for it. And I'll be thinking whether hosting them on my own site does make sense, or whether a dedicated platform would be better!

Most of all I want to see whether this type of content, which colleagues have found valuable, will also be valuable to strangers on the internet :-)

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

Awesome! Document your journey for sure :)

0 Likes

I'm working on a new no-code form builder for the web.

It's more customizable than anything else in the market as it is now. It's mostly for businesses to unlock their potential to collect data from users in a reliable way.

My MVP is almost ready - I and my cofounder are talking with some potential customers.

I can't wait to launch it :)

0 Likes
Sergio Mattei Author

hm, i'm confused - most form builders already are no -code no? esp. with airtable being ultra customizable - what makes it different?

0 Likes

@sergio Most visual form builders out there are built for consumers that need very little customization, such as surveys, feedback forms, etc. And they're quite great for those use-cases!

But we've found that some businesses have specific needs: more customization (similar to Webflow, but easier to use) and a more seamless experience, logic mapping so you can customize the experience of your users based on previous forms/answers, audience targeting, A/B testing, lighting-fast loading, and more…

We think there's a specific niche of businesses who are needing - it's not a 1 million users product, but it's not what we're trying to do really :)

0 Likes

Please sign in to leave a comment.